Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Be More Bookish - Week 1, Assignment 4

So, for the fourth assignment of week one, I decided to start following EarlyWord for the Recommended Links - Books section and Heroes and Heartbreakers from Recommended Links - Genre. EarlyWord was a simple choice; I didn't want to use Goodreads since that's a site I already frequent. The Publisher-Librarian connection is an idea that appeals to me, since my educational background is partially in creative writing and publishing. Furthermore, the fact that Nora Rawlinson doesn't simply post about books but also helpful tools and tips for programming, collection management, and the everyday running of a public library made it kind of an obvious choice.

Heroes and Heartbreakers was also a choice that I made in an effort to break out of my comfort zone. I've honestly never paid much attention to the romance genre (outside of quietly laughing at the ridiculous titles and cover art), but I really wanted to make an effort to fill in the weak points in my RA knowledge base and I know that the romance collection is one of the heaviest hitters when it comes to circulation. I'm pretty excited about getting to challenge myself with this choice, since I'm not usually a reader who branches out all that often. And maybe I can finally learn what the deal is with time-travelling highlanders and abusive 18-century minor nobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment